Wednesday, October 13, 2010

bairds sandpiper

The chance of another north american wader on the list ,the bird had been seen all week at frinton on sea , holland haven cp . I was driving up the M11 and my idea was to see a wilsons phalarope at welney but I got a text to say the sandpiper was showing so decided to go for that ! When I arrived a local birder said it had flown about 1/2 hour ago but thought it would probably return and he was right tick 295 nearly club 300 . I also had a good view of a male peregrine in the fields behind the waders . I was told of a firecrest in some bushes near the car park whilst looking there was at least 20 goldcrest and i flushed at littleowl but no firecrest .
the chance of another tick was irresistible a wilsons phalarope was at welney , norfolk which I went for ,the bird flew half hour before I arrived brilliant .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails